For Day 9 of my 10 Days of Thankfulness, I would like to express how thankful I am to be in my thirties. I have to say that it’s been my favorite decade of life so far!
Why I’m loving my thirties…
- Obviously, because I moved to Botswana to be a missionary :)
- Prior to moving to Africa, I became debt free! I had never worked so hard or been so determined about something in my life. Accomplishing this goal was an incredibly rewarding milestone.
- Became an auntie of the cutest nephew ever!
- I’m the most comfortable/confident I’ve ever been in my own skin.
- Have gotten to do a bit of traveling around the world, which is one of my favorite things to do.
- I’m in the best shape physically that I’ve ever been.
- I’ve learned (and continue to learn) how to have a very positive overall outlook on life.
I’m sure my fellow thirty-somethings can also relate to this, but when I was a kid and I thought about being 30 years old, I thought that was really old! But towards the end of my twenties, I actually really looked forward to reaching my thirties! Yes, I’ve become older age-wise, but I actually feel young, healthy, alive – the line from the movie 13 Going on 30 is running through my head. I’m 30, flirty and thriving! Well, I’m actually 33 now, and I wouldn’t ever use the word flirty to describe myself, but thriving is accurate – you get the picture :)
And as much as I’m loving my thirties right now, I truly believe that life will only get better with age. I choose to be thankful for life at every age. I think having that perspective is keeping me young and will help ensure that I will continue to enjoy every consecutive decade of life to come.